Alan Paine Cricket Sweater
Padworth Men's Bordeaux Cable-Knit Cricket Cardigan
The cable knit sweater was more or less unheard of before William Paine evolved it into a cricket sweater following the cultural surge in popularity towards British classic sports in the early twenties. Now a staple of every bi-annual collection, a timeless cricket cardigan is introduced for autumn. Crafted in pure Merino wool, this easy-care cardigan retains the traditional cable structure but is enhanced by contemporary colours and trims. Experience a piece of our history whilst embracing the current trend for sportswear.
Designed with a contemporary, regular fit which is slightly tapered across the waist and chest whilst still retaining plenty of room for comfort and ease of movement.
THE ALAN PAINE HALLMARKS
- 100% Fine Italian Merino Wool – 7 Gauge
- Fully Fashioned – Knitted to shape on the knitting machine. We leave it to others to cut corners
- Hand-Linked – Each knitted piece is joined stitch by stitch
- Ribbed cuffs & hem – For the perfect fit.
THE BENEFITS OF MERINO WOOL – NATURE’S WONDER FIBRE
- Matchless for softness & drape
- Strong anti-wicking properties
- Natural temperature regulation for day-long comfort
- Insulating – Merino Wool is warmer than regular wool
- Gentle on skin
A nice “cardigan”, for those who want to dress with details of the past.
Nice workmanship and packaging.
I am very satisfied with my last purchase from Alan Paine. The quality is high, I love the colour and it fits superb
The quality and color of this sweater is awesome . . . just missing a good game of cricket to complete the look! :-)